Freezing Your Membership
There may be times when you would like to freeze your membership due to extenuating circumstances, such as extended illness, military leave or temporary relocation.
- When a membership is frozen, a member may not use his/her membership benefits or accrued membership services for the duration of the freeze period.
- A minimum of one membership payment must have been made before a membership is eligible to be frozen.
- You may freeze your membership for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of half of your original membership term. For example, a member with a twelve month membership term may freeze their membership for up to six months.
- Memberships may be unfrozen at any time at least 30 days after the start of the freeze or will automatically recommence on the pre-determined freeze end date. At the end of the membership freeze term, your dues will continue with your next scheduled electronic funds transfer (EFT) date. Remember that you must be a member for a minimum of 30 days before you may freeze your membership.
- A membership must be unfrozen a minimum of 3 months before it can be frozen again.
- Your membership expiration date will be extended by the amount of time that your membership was frozen.
- Terms, conditions, rules and regulations of the original Membership Agreement continue to apply through the extended membership term. To initiate a freeze, contact giana management by sending us an email to [email protected]
Termination of Membership
To cancel this membership prior to the end of the contract, a (£25 for single member and £40 for joint membership) termination fee is required. All requests for membership cancellation must be submitted to giana management at least 10 days in advance. Once we have received and completed your request and the cancellation fee, the next scheduled monthly charge and all those that were to follow, will be cancelled. Membership will be valid until, but not on, the date of the first cancelled payment; after that date, all member benefits, including unused accrued services, will also be cancelled.